- Servings: makes 12 Rumaki
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
|3 Tbsp||Soy Sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Brown Sugar|
|1||1" Piece Fresh Ginger, peeled and micro-planed|
|6||Strips Bacon, cut into halves|
|12||Long Tooth Picks|
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Add water chestnuts and toss to coat; place in refrigerator to let marinate for 1 hour.
2. Heat oven to 425° F.
3. Strain chestnuts, reserving the marinade.
4. Pour marinade into a 1-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat; set aside.
5. Place 1 slice of bacon on a cutting board, then top with 1 of the water chestnuts. Wrap bacon around the chestnut; skewer bacon in place with a toothpick piercing through the roll. Repeat process with remaining water chestnuts, and bacon until they are all used up.
6. Transfer Rumaki to a foil-lined sheet tray and bake, basting occasionally with the marinade, until bacon is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove to a serving platter .
7. Serve warm or at room temperature with your favourite dipping sauce.
increase the servings by increasing the number of water chestnuts, strips of bacon and, when necessary, the marinade ingredients.